Our Therapists at Rockford – Riverside Office
tap or click to learn more
Matthew Zanzinger, PTA
Matthew Zanzinger, PTA
- Graduated from St. Ambrose University in Davenport, IA with a Master’s degree in physical therapy in 2002
- Obtained a transitional DPT degree in physical therapy from St. Ambrose University in 2005
- Obtained Certified Strength and Conditioning (CSCS) certification in 2005
- Currently completing dissertation for post-doctorate degree (PhD) in physical therapy from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
I treat post-operative orthopedic conditions and overuse injuries of the upper and lower extremities. I specialize in treating running-related overuse injuries and performing biomechanical running video gait analysis. I also specialize in dry needling treatments for acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions. I teach both live and online seminars for Cross Country Education on running injuries.
I enjoy spending time with my family, doing family activities, taking trips, and fishing. I am very active and work out 6 days a week either running, cycling, or swimming. I also enjoy doing research and writing articles for medical journals.
MPT, FAAOMPT, OCS
- Master's in Physical Therapy, Marquette University – 2000
- Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist with the American Physical Therapy Association
I enjoy treatment of the spine using various manual therapies, I also enjoy treating a variety of orthopedic conditions.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife and two children, competing in triathlons, running, and playing soccer. I was a college cheerleader at Marquette, so I enjoy keeping up with college basketball.
- Graduated from Marquette University in 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology
- Graduated from Marquette University in 2012 with Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree
I enjoy treating all ages, but specifically pediatrics and sports injuries. I enjoy the challenge of creating new exercise challenges for my patients.
When I am not in the clinic I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I enjoy traveling and exploring new places- whether it is a quick weekend trip around the Midwest or a week skiing or hiking out in Colorado. I also enjoy going up to Milwaukee for Marquette Basketball games, GO MU! You can also find me volunteering for various Special Olympics events.
- Completed my Graduate Degree in 1992 at Northern Illinois University in Education/Specialization in Exercise Science
- Certs: CEAS – Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
I have a particular interest in final return to work preparation. I’m looking forward to researching FCE development and Employment Screens in the future.
It seems all of the thing I like start with the letter “F.” I do love my Faith, spending time with my wonderful Family, kicking back for a little Fishing, watching Football, and Food off the grill, preferably smoked/barbequed (It’s just that delicious).
MS, PT, CWcHP
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana College in 1995 with a major in Biology and minor in Psychology
- Graduated with a Master of Science degree from Washington University Program in Physical Therapy in 1997
- Certified XRTS Functional Capacity Provider, Certified Workers Compensation Healthcare Provider
I particularly enjoy functional testing and managing work-related injuries. Everything surrounding workers compensation claims and injuries from working with employers to helping insurance adjustors has been my focus.
When I am not at work, I enjoy having fun with my family and friends. My favorite activity is riding roller coasters with my husband and two daughters. I also enjoy travel, exercise, reading and yard work.
- Graduated from Blackhawk Technical College in 2009 with a degree in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Graduated at the top of the class with High Honors
I treat a variety of clientele, including worker’s compensation cases. Being a long-time amputee, I also enjoy working with patients who wear prosthetics, and am a Clinical Instructor for the PTA program at Blackhawk Technical College.
When I am not at work, I enjoy spending time with my husband and 2 children. We love to travel together, play with and walk our dog, and volunteer, as well as get together with friends. I also volunteer for many of my kids’ activities, serving on several committees at school. We have lived in the Rockford area for over 20 years, transferring from the Chicago suburbs.