Our Therapists at Rockford – Riverside Office
tap or click to learn more
- Completed my Graduate Degree in 1992 at Northern Illinois University in Education/Specialization in Exercise Science
- Certs: CEAS – Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
I have a particular interest in final return to work preparation. I’m looking forward to researching FCE development and Employment Screens in the future.
It seems all of the thing I like start with the letter “F.” I do love my Faith, spending time with my wonderful Family, kicking back for a little Fishing, watching Football, and Food off the grill, preferably smoked/barbequed (It’s just that delicious).
- Graduated from St. Ambrose University in Davenport, IA with a Master’s degree in physical therapy in 2002
- Obtained a transitional DPT degree in physical therapy from St. Ambrose University in 2005
- Obtained Certified Strength and Conditioning (CSCS) certification in 2005
- Currently completing dissertation for post-doctorate degree (PhD) in physical therapy from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
I treat post-operative orthopedic conditions and overuse injuries of the upper and lower extremities. I specialize in treating running-related overuse injuries and performing biomechanical running video gait analysis. I also specialize in dry needling treatments for acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions. I teach both live and online seminars for Cross Country Education on running injuries.
I enjoy spending time with my family, doing family activities, taking trips, and fishing. I am very active and work out 6 days a week either running, cycling, or swimming. I also enjoy doing research and writing articles for medical journals.
Amber Hersey, PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
MPT, FAAOMPT, OCS
- Master's in Physical Therapy, Marquette University – 2000
- Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist with the American Physical Therapy Association
I enjoy treatment of the spine using various manual therapies, I also enjoy treating a variety of orthopedic conditions.
When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife and two children, competing in triathlons, running, and playing soccer. I was a college cheerleader at Marquette, so I enjoy keeping up with college basketball.
- Graduated from Marquette University in 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology
- Graduated from Marquette University in 2012 with Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree
I enjoy treating all ages, but specifically pediatrics and sports injuries. I enjoy the challenge of creating new exercise challenges for my patients.
When I am not in the clinic I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I enjoy traveling and exploring new places- whether it is a quick weekend trip around the Midwest or a week skiing or hiking out in Colorado. I also enjoy going up to Milwaukee for Marquette Basketball games, GO MU! You can also find me volunteering for various Special Olympics events.
- Graduated from Blackhawk Technical College in 2009 with a degree in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Graduated at the top of the class with High Honors
I treat a variety of clientele, including worker’s compensation cases. Being a long-time amputee, I also enjoy working with patients who wear prosthetics, and am a Clinical Instructor for the PTA program at Blackhawk Technical College.
When I am not at work, I enjoy spending time with my husband and 2 children. We love to travel together, play with and walk our dog, and volunteer, as well as get together with friends. I also volunteer for many of my kids’ activities, serving on several committees at school. We have lived in the Rockford area for over 20 years, transferring from the Chicago suburbs.
MS, PT, CWcHP
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana College in 1995 with a major in Biology and minor in Psychology
- Graduated with a Master of Science degree from Washington University Program in Physical Therapy in 1997
- Certified XRTS Functional Capacity Provider, Certified Workers Compensation Healthcare Provider
I particularly enjoy functional testing and managing work-related injuries. Everything surrounding workers compensation claims and injuries from working with employers to helping insurance adjustors has been my focus.
When I am not at work, I enjoy having fun with my family and friends. My favorite activity is riding roller coasters with my husband and two daughters. I also enjoy travel, exercise, reading and yard work.
Matthew Zanzinger, PTA
Matthew Zanzinger, PTA