Welcome to OrthoIllinois!
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Burlington, Iowa, and I earned my B.A. degree in biology and completed the Honors Program at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. I continued my studies at the University of Kansas in Kansas City and Wichita, obtaining my medical degree. Following my graduation, I pursued a medical internship and advanced medical training as part of my residency in Wichita, where I was selected to a chief residency position in internal medicine. In addition, I completed a subspecialty training program, or fellowship, in rheumatology and immunology at the University of Missouri. My practice is focused on rheumatology, which is the medical treatment of musuloskeletal pain, arthritis, osteoporosis, and autoimmune diseases. It is my mission to provide you excellent service, as well as compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality medical care that I would offer to a member of my family.
I am actively involved in continuing medical education. During my years of practice in Rockford, I have been an active member of the University of Illinois Medical School, where I have led case discussions and lectured extensively. Additionally, I have published research projects including experimental computerized teaching of rheumatology to residents and undergraduates, and quantification of exercise capacity of rheumatoid arthritis patients. In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy spending time with my family, wife Dr. Beatriz Rodriguez, and three children Daniel, Maria, and Gabriel, and being a member of the Holy Family Church Choir. I love music and enjoy sports, hunting, fishing, and perennial gardening. I am also proud to have served as captain in the United States Army Reserve as a medical officer from 1982 to 1990. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available.
I am looking forward to meeting with you.
Education and Training:
- B.A. Degree and Honors Program, University of Kansas, Lawrence
- Medical Degree, University of Kansas, Kansas City and Wichita
- Medical Internship, University of Kansas, Wichita
- Medical Residency, University of Kansas, Wichita
- Rheumatology and Immunology Fellowship, University of Missouri
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American College of Rheumatology
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois – College of Medicine, Rockford