As one of the four Rheumatology specialists on our team, I would like to welcome you to OrthoIllinois! I was born and raised in Russia, where I received my medical degree as a top 5% student. I continued my education through multiple residency rotations that provided a broad spectrum of experience and garnered a number of awards and recognitions as I began my practice as an Obstetric & Gynecology physician in Russia .
A deep desire to help people and the influence of family members in the medical field helped shape my desire to pursue my own career in medicine. After practicing as a medical doctor in Russia for ten years, my family and I immigrated to the United States in 2006.
In the United States, I enrolled in a combined Internal Medicine and Pediatric four-year residency program at Western Michigan University Medical School to complete certification requirements to practice in the United States. During this time I decided to specialize in rheumatology, and following completion of the program at Western Michigan I continued my studies at a two-year rheumatology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine/MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, which included experience in pediatric rheumatology.
My practice is focused on rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and autoimmune diseases. I have a special interest in systemic vasculitides, a type of disorder that destroys blood vessels by inflammation.
Rheumatology is an ever-evolving specialty with new treatments continually being developed. At OrthoIllinois we are excited to be at the forefront of improvements in care by actively being involved in clinical research trials for various conditions.
When I am not practicing medicine, I enjoy travel, reading, and enjoying activities with my family. I am also multi-lingual and speak English and Russian.
I again welcome you to OrthoIllinois and look forward to providing you with compassionate care.
Olga Goodman, MD
- Board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, 2013
- Board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, 2013
- Board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
- Member, American College of Rheumatology
- Member, American Academy of Physicians
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Regional Anesthetic and Pain Medicine
- Grand Prize Winner, American College of Rheumatology Image Competition, 2014
Education and Training
- Medical School – Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy, Nizhny Novgorod, Russian Federation 1996
- Residencies – Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Russia; Central Moscow Army Force Hospital, Moscow, Russia; Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, 1996 – 2006
- Medical School – Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics program, Western Michigan University Medical School, Kalamazoo, MI 2009 -2013
- Rheumatology Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine / MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015
HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS: OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Mercy Rockford Hospital, SwedishAmerican Hospital