Cervical Spine Myelopathy is also referred to as Spinal Cord Compression. It is a neck disorder that occurs when the spinal cord is squeezed or compressed due to wear and tear in the spine as we age.
Patients may experience variety of symptoms including:
- numbness or tingling in the fingers, hands or arms
- weakness in the hands, arms or shoulders
- problems with coordination
- loss of fine motor skills
- pain or stiffness in the neck
Treatment options include physical therapy, a soft cervical collar, medication, or surgery.