Orthopedic Technologist Course and Testing
Interested in a career in the medical profession?
Orthopedic Technicians provide casting and bracing services, are recognized by Medicare, and can document and place orders in electronic medical records. Orthopedic Technicians work in emergency departments, immediate/urgent care centers, and physician’s offices.
Ortho Illinois now offers a small group 6-week course consisting of classroom education and hands-on experience in preparation for the nationally recognized Registered Orthopedic Technologist exam, taken on the 7th week. A great opportunity to gain certification as an Orthopedic Technician and enjoy an introduction to a career in Orthopedics, this course may be perfect for those who are:
- a college graduate seeking clinical hours required for application to PA / Medical school
- a high school graduate interested in a career in health care
- a college student seeking practical experience in allied health
- a Medical Assistant or ATC seeking entrance into the Orthopedic specialty
- a medical professional currently working in an urgent care or ED seeking more orthopedic experience
UPCOMING 2021 SESSION START DATES:
Winter Session 1/13/2021 – 2/20/2021
Winter Session 3/10/2021 – 4/17/2021
Spring Session 5/19/2021 – 6/26/2021
Fall Session 9/15/2021 – 10/23/2021
$1,499 course fee includes all course materials and registration for certification exam.
- 6-week course, certification exam given in 7th week.
- Schedule: Classes meet weekly from 3-6 pm on Wednesdays, and 8-11 am Saturdays.
- 6 student maximum
- Classes held at Ortho Illinois clinic at 5875 E. Riverside Blvd., Rockford, Illinois.
Topics of study:
- Orthopedic focused anatomy
- Medical Terminology
- Treatment of Orthopedic injuries (strains, sprains, fractures)
- Application of durable medical equipment (bracing)
- Application of extremity casts / splints
Willing to learn? Ready to further your career?
Complete the application form below electronically and submit a $20 application fee* payable to “Ortho Illinois” and a letter of recommendation by mail to: Jeff Jones, Ortho Illinois, 324 Roxbury Road, Rockford, IL 61107. Please reference “ROT Application” on check memo line. Applicants will be contacted by phone or email upon receipt of registration fee. * $20 application fee applied toward tuition if accepted into course program.
Minimum Requirements for Program Entry:
- 18 years or older
- Current resident of Illinois or Wisconsin
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Letter of recommendation (teacher, supervisor, adult family friend, etc.)
- Applications due 2 weeks prior to class session start date