Coronavirus Announcement & Updates
We’re here for you. Schedule a virtual visit.
Telehealth physician consultations and rehabilitation via smartphone or webcam may be an option for patients. Call our office (815) 398-9491 and learn more here.
Ortho Illinois, Ortho Illinois Rehabilitation, Injury Express, FitRight, and Ortho Illinois Surgery Center are taking all necessary measures to protect our patients and staff from the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Below is a brief listing of most of the guidelines being followed by providers, staff and what we are asking of from patients to provide safe distancing and precautions:
- Protective face coverings are required in OrthoIllinois facilities per State of Illinois restrictions. Bring and wear your personal PPE as OrthoIllinois does not provide masks.
- All physicians, staff, and patients are screened at the door regarding exposure to COVID, experiencing symptoms, and will have their temperature taken. Patients experiencing symptoms are asked to stay home and call us to reschedule their appointment.
- Patients are asked to wait in their vehicles until 10 minutes before their appointment before checking in.
- The lobby, waiting area, and exam rooms are limited to the patient only. All others should remain outside the clinic unless the patient requires assistance, in which case 1 guest will be allowed.
- Disinfecting and cleaning of all surfaces throughout the clinic and waiting areas is performed throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the facilities and patients and staff are requested to use them frequently.
- Coffee service has been suspended.
For additional and specific information, please read the FAQs section below.
It is so extremely important to us and our community that we all do our part. We will continue to keep you informed. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Our patients and community health are our top priority.
To learn more, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
Is it safe to keep my scheduled OrthoIllinois appointment?
Yes. Unless you have been contacted by us to reschedule, advised by your primary care physician to avoid leaving your home for non-vital reasons, have recently traveled to a Level 3 region, have been in contact (closer than 6 feet) with someone confirmed as COVID-19 infected or a carrier, or are exhibiting symptoms yourself our physicians and therapists are seeing patients as scheduled. However, each person should adapt the precautions they are most comfortable with and we understand and will respect your wishes if you prefer to reschedule your appointment. Please call us at 815-398-9491.
Are there any changes to Ortho Illinois’ operating hours?
No. At this time all locations of Ortho Illinois, Ortho Illinois Rehabilitation, Injury Express, FitRight, and Ortho Illinois Surgery Center are maintaining regular business hours.
How do I cancel my appointment?
If your health or your concerns regarding COVID-19 risk require you to reschedule your appointment, please call us at 815-398-9491. If you are within a few days of your scheduled clinic or rehabilitation appointment and have already received your appointment reminder you may also request a cancellation or reschedule through that link.
Can my family members or friend still accompany me to my appointment or surgery?
We ask for you to use good judgement in helping us minimize the number of people in our waiting room. For clinical appointments, your companion(s) will not be allowed to accompany you into the exam room unless medically necessary to provide assistance, and limited to one person. At OrthoIllinois Surgery Center patients are allowed one person to wait in the waiting area.
What if I have a slight cough or cold? Will I be able to keep my appointment?
Our protocols include asking screening questions about your current health status at check in. Patients exhibiting a slight cough or mild cold will be provided with a surgical mask to wear while in the facility as a preventative measure against the spread of germs. If a patient elects not to wear the provided mask, their appointment will be rescheduled until a time they are back to good health.
If the Rockford YMCA is now closed to members, are the OrthoIllinois rehabilitation appointments still accessible at that site?
Yes. The Riverfront YMCA in Rockford at 200 Y Blvd. will remain open to access your rehabilitation appointment as usual.