Todd Alexander, MD
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am a Rockford native and alumnus of Guilford High School in Rockford. Following graduation I attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, where I earned the Distinguished Cadet Star Award – an honor only bestowed on the top 5% of the class.
I pursued further higher education at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where I earned my Bachelor’s degree with High Distinction in the double majors of chemistry and philosophy. I continued my graduate studies and earned my masters in organic chemistry at the University of Illinois in Chicago before entering Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri – one of the top medical centers in the country. Upon graduation from medical school, I completed my residency training program at University of Chicago Hospitals in Chicago, Illinois before returning to Rockford to establish my neurosurgery practice.
For 20 years I treated the neurosurgical needs of adult and pediatric patients in the northern Illinois region as a private practitioner, where I earned my reputation for excellent outcomes, personalized service, and pioneering important medical firsts in our community, including:
- First awake craniotomy for brain tumor resection
- First artificial cervical and artificial lumbar disc implantations
- First endoscopic brain surgery
- First implantation of a programmable ventriculoperitoneal shunt for hydrocephalus
- First to utilize intraoperative angiography for cerebral aneurysm surgery
- First to perform intracranial thrombolysis for intraventricular hemorrhage
Now, as part of the Ortho Illinois organization, I bring that same commitment to treating disorders of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves by utilizing the most advanced proven techniques and providing the highest quality care for my patients. Thank you for entrusting me with your care. I look forward to meeting with you.
Todd Alexander, MD
- Cervical Spine Myelopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Lumbar and Thoracis Spine Fractures
- Nerve Root Injury and Plexis Disorders (Including Pinched Nerve)
- Pathological Spine Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformities
- Spine Disorders
- Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
- Traumatic Spine Fractures
|EDUCATION||United States Military Academy at West Point|
|BACHELOR’S DEGREE||Indiana University in Bloomington|
|MASTER’S DEGREE||University of Illinois in Chicago|
|MEDICAL DEGREE||Washington University School of Medicine|
|RESIDENCY||University of Chicago Hospitals|
Dr. Alexander and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Neurological Surgery
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Mercy Rockford Hospital