Zeeshan Ahmad, MD
I’d like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself, my training, and how I became committed to healthcare. My family immigrated to Pakistan from India, where my father worked his way through college to earn a degree in engineering. From a very early age my father stressed upon me the importance of education. His commitment to achieving his own degree made a deep and lasting impression on me.
Though my father was a strong influence in guiding me toward a medical career, it was our family physician who was the role model sparking the true inspiration and interest inside me to follow this path. I pursued my early training in Karachi, Pakistan where I earned my undergraduate degree at Dow Medical College. I then completed a first internship in Internal Medicine at Civil Hospital, and an additional internship in surgery at the Institute of Urology and Transplantation before moving to the United States to continue my studies.
Upon relocating, I completed a four-year residency program at Louisiana State University in New Orleans where I trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation. After completing my residency, I pursued further specialization through a three-year fellowship in Orthopedics, Spine, Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine with specific experience and training in Interventional Pain Management at Portner Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Inc., in Honolulu, Hawaii.
At OrthoIllinois, I bring over eleven years’ of clinical experience in the conservative treatment of spine pain utilizing physical therapy, medicine and injection techniques. It is my practice philosophy to help each patient return to their lifestyle goals through non-surgical treatments whenever possible. To reach this goal, I begin with a thorough patient history to help better understand the factors influencing the patient’s condition. This review of medical history is followed by a physical examination for further anatomical detection of the pain source.
I appreciate the trust you have placed in me to help you on the road to recovery and look forward to working together to build an appropriate treatment plan for your specific needs.
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Biceps Tendon Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Frozen Shoulder
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Bursitis
- Nerve Root Injury and Plexis Disorders (Including Pinched Nerve)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Disorders
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries
|MEDICAL DEGREE||Dow Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan|
|MEDICAL INTERNSHIPS||Civil Hospital and Institute of Urology, Karachi, Pakistan|
|RESIDENCY||Louisiana State University Health Science Center|
|FELLOWSHIP||Orthopedic, Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine, Portner Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Inc.|
Dr. Ahmad and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board certified in the subspecialty of Pain management by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, North American Medical Association
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- SwedishAmerican Hospital
- Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- MercyHealth Rockford