Voted Best Urgent Care 2022; Voted Best Emergency Room 2021 in the Rock River Valley What Rocks consumers’ choice voting.
OrthoIllinois has been recognized by Press Ganey as a 2022 Human Experience Guardian of Excellence Award winner for Urgent Care. For more information click here.
Reserve a walk-in time
* Please note that while we make every effort to abide by reserved appointment times, due to unexpected delays with patients seen prior to your reserved time, being seen at your Reserved walk-in time cannot always be guaranteed.
Expanded hours with walk-in convenience from 3 locations!
Ortho Illinois’ Injury Express is the only local injury walk-in facility that specializes in bones and joints to treat new acute orthopedic, and work-related injuries. Walk in during business hours at three locations or click on the “Reserve a Walk-In Time” orange box to the left. Enter “Rockford,” “Elgin,” or “Algonquin” in the box displayed and click “Find” to view available time slots to reserve a specific appointment to be seen! Injury Express in Rockford and Algonquin are open 7 days a week and Injury Express in Elgin is open Monday through Saturday. Click here to find specific hours!
Call us at (779) 771-7000 if you have any questions. Injury Express is a Fast Track services location.
Remember to bring your insurance card!
Current insurance card or pre-payment of services required for walk-in service. Injury Express does not accept self-pay patients.
We’re here to help when you get injured.
A friendly, walk-in clinic for strains, sprains, fractures, cuts and scrapes, Injury Express provides care under the medical direction of a physician with over 20 years experience as an emergency room provider, and who is backed by the expertise of highly-skilled sub-specialty orthopedic surgeons.
We care about your time and finances. Here’s how:
Convenient care from specialists with the services you need on site, including radiology, MRI, splinting and casting, as well as therapy. Appointments for acute follow-up can be scheduled on the spot with a specialist.
Offering more economical access to specialized medical care at the cost of an office visit vs. the expense of an emergency room visit.
Self-pay patients and IDPA* are not accepted for Injury Express walk-in services. Injury Express walk-in services are not available to IDPA patients or patients in collection for outstanding Ortho Illinois account balances. See Participating Insurance Plans accepted for Injury Express services.
- Back and neck pain
- Muscular pain
- Simple Lacerations
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
- Strains and sprains
- Other musculoskeletal injuries
Remember to bring your insurance card! Current insurance card or pre-payment of services required for walk-in service. Please consult your insurance carrier to understand your in/out-of-network and co-pay responsibilities. Injury Express does not accept self-pay patients.
- Accepted Insurance
- Aetna PPO, POS
- The Alliance
- BCBS PPO, Open Access, POS
- BCBS HMO – Physician Care Network #098 only
- Cigna Open Access PPO plans
- Corvel (Workers’ Compensation)
- Coventry – Commercial PPO, POS
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance Medical Plan
- Humana / Choice Care – Commercial PPO, POS
- PHCS/Multiplan (PHCS must be primary network)
- Quartz Health ASO/HMO (Swedish American Health System Employees or dependents, fully insured or self-insured groups effective 7/1/2018, Medicare Advantage effective 7/1/2018. Quartz HMO plans do not require referrals.)
- United Healthcare – Commercial PPO, POS; Medicare Advantage PPO, AARP Medicare Complete
- Medicare Replacement Plans PPO, POS, Open Access
- Insurance NOT ACCEPTED
- Advocate Accountable Health
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- All BCBS HMO plans except for Site 98 (physicians care network)
- BCBS Community Family Health
- BCBS PPO Choice
- Coventry Total Care
- Harmony Health Plan
- IlliniCare Health Plan
- Illinois Public Aid
- Meridian HealthPlan
- Self pay
- Tricare Prime
- UMR Health Smart Preferred
- United Healthcare Navigate
- Veterans Association
- Wisconsin Public Aid (BadgerCare)
- Any HMO insurance plans that require a referral authorization from the PCP unless the authorization is brought to the appointment
- Easter Sunday, April 9
- Memorial Day May 29
- Independence Day July 4
- Labor Day September 4
- Thanksgiving Day November 23
- Friday after Thanksgiving November 24
- Christmas Eve December 24
- Christmas Day December 25
- New Year’s Day January 1, 2024