Scott Trenhaile, MD
As an innovator with extensive knowledge in shoulder, knee and elbow injuries, Dr. Trenhaile has earned a renowned national and international reputation among his peers. He is frequently sought to give lectures globally at conferences and medical summits on issues related to orthopedic procedures and sports injury management. Since 2009, groups of surgeons from the United States, Europe, and Asia have traveled to Rockford, Illinois to observe Dr. Trenhaile’s practice and learn his advanced surgical techniques. The state-of-the-art facilities at Ortho Illinois, including a dedicated cadaver lab and Ortho Illinois Surgery Center, enable him to host a variety of educational events and surgical courses.
Dr. Trenhaile serves on the AANA Copernicus Initiative Committee for Shoulder Evaluation Development and recently served as an expert surgeon for determining the benchmark of protocol for ACL Knee Reconstruction. He holds a number of patents for surgical instruments and techniques that are used throughout the world to allow surgeons to perform minimally invasive arthroscopic orthopedic procedures that were previous “open techniques.”
Currently Dr. Trenhaile serves as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois College of Medicine: Rockford, and Assistant Professor at Rush University Medical Center Medical Collage in Chicago, Il. He is a member of many prestigious national and international societies and associations, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Arthroscopic Association of North America, and most recently the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, whose invitation-only membership is limited to fewer than 550 physicians world-wide.
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Biceps Tendon Disorders
- Cartilage Restoration
- Complex Knee Ligament Reconstructions (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Golf Elbow/medial epicondylitis
- Knee Ligament Injuries
- Meniscus Tear
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Labral Tears
- Superior Capsular Reconstruction
- Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) injury
|BACHELOR’S DEGREE||Iowa State University|
|MEDICAL DEGREE||University of Iowa College of Medicine|
|RESIDENCY||St. Luke’s – Roosevelt Hospital Center / Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons|
|FELLOWSHIP||Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center|
|CERTIFICATION||Certificate of Additional Qualification in Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery|
Dr. Trenhaile and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, the Arthroscopic Association of North America
- Member, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES)
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois – College of Medicine, Rockford
- Assistant Professor, Rush University Medical Center Medical College, Chicago
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Midwestern University
- Involved with the NIU ATC Student Teaching Program at Rockford University
- Affiliated with the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions, the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Blackhawks Medical Network
- Rockford IceHogs AHL Hockey
- Team physician for several local sports teams at the high school and college levels
- Ortho Illinois Surgery Center
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Mercy Rockford Hospital
- SwedishAmerican Hospital
Dr. Trenhaille is a highly skilled surgeon and all around caring, person. Thank you.
I have already recommended him to others.
Great doctor great staff
I could not have asked for better. I don't believe that it's possible to receive better care anywhere.
I was very comfortable with Dr. Trenhaile. He explained the surgery and what to expect for recover. I would recommend Dr T to friends and family.
Dr Trenhaile is an amazing doctor with excellent bed side manner.
good all around would recommend to anyone
Dr. Trenhaile was absolutely outstanding. Explained the issue in understandable detail and indicated that surgery is the last resort and provided a plan of action to resolve the issue with physical therapy. Provide an injection that provided immediate relief and has allowed me to work through the prescribed physical therapy.
I already have recommended Ortho Illinois to another person.
one of the best doctors I've had.
Took his time to make sure I didn't have any questions and answered all questions that I had
Doctor explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and offered reassurances
Dr. Trenhaile is an amazing surgeon and a wonderful doctor to have
DR was great
Dr. Trenhaile always explains what's going on and the course of treatment and always asks if that sounds good to me or if I would like to try something else. Makes me feel extremely comfortable and confident that he knows what he's doing
excellent explanations & reassurances in identifying options & procedures
Best Dr in the region for shoulder injury repairs.
Dr. Trenhaile and his team work together seamlessly.