Edric Schwartz, MD
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Lombard, Illinois and I earned my B.S. degree in biology at the University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana in 1998. I continued my studies at the University of Illinois in Chicago, obtaining my medical degree in 2002.
Following my graduation, I completed an internship and pursued advanced orthopedic training as part of my residency at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. In addition, I completed another year at a subspecialty training program, or fellowship, in hand surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
My practice is focused on diseases and disorders of the hand and upper extremity. It is my mission to provide all my patients excellent service, as well as compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality of orthopedic care that I would offer to a member of my family.
I am active in continuing education and have spoken at numerous lectures, made presentations, and have authored an orthopedic research publication.
In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy weightlifting, jogging, tennis, and playing golf.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at Ortho Illinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available.
I am looking forward to meeting you.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Circulation Problems
- Congential hand conditions
- Cubital Tunnel
- De Quervair's Tenosynovitis
- Distal Radius Fracture
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Elbow Fracture
- Flexor Tendonitis
- Ganglion Cysts
- Golf Elbow/medial epicondylitis
- Hand or Arm Pain
- Joint Replacements
- Lacerations, including Tendons and Nerves
- Mallet Finger
- Nerve Problems in the Upper Extremity
- Numbness and Tingling
- Osteoarthritis of the Hand
- Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow
- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand
- Sprains and Strains
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries
- Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis
- Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) Injuries
- Trigger Finger
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) injury
|BACHELOR’S DEGREE||University of Illinois|
|MEDICAL DEGREE||University of Illinois|
|RESIDENCY||Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine|
|FELLOWSHIP||Hand Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center|
|CERTIFICATE||Added Qualification for Surgery of the Hand|
Dr. Schwartz and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- Board certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Winnebago County Medical Society
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Ortho Illinois Surgery Center
- SwedishAmerican Hospital
- Mercy Rockford Hospital
- Rockford Ambulatory Surgery Center