Rolando Izquierdo, MD
Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area.
It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice.
Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. Dr. Izquierdo is an active member of the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is the leading national and international orthopaedic organization specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow.
Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs a high volume of revision shoulder replacements and surgery for failed rotator cuffs.
- Biceps Tendon Disorders
- Elbow Fracture
- Frozen Shoulder
- Golf Elbow/medial epicondylitis
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Labral Tears
- Superior Capsular Reconstruction
- Tennis Elbow/Lateral Epicondylitis
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) injury
|RESIDENCY||University of Cincinnati Medical Center|
|FELLOWSHIPS||Shoulder and Elbow Reconstruction, Columbia University of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital|
|FELLOWSHIPS||Sports Medicine, Columbia University of Columbia Presbyterian Hospital|
Dr. Izquierdo and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Columbia Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Speaker for the AAOS Learning Center
- Advocate Sherman Hospital
- Algonquin Road Surgery Center
- Ascension Saint Joseph – Elgin
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry / Huntley / Woodstock Hospitals
- Ortho Illinois Surgery Center
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center