Capabilities and Services
Our Mission is to provide prompt, accurate diagnosis and treatment for all types of injuries related to numerous industries including healthcare facilities, food processing, municipalities, police and fire departments, manufacturing, transportation, waste management, service and retail.
Dr. Larry Wellendorf began practicing family medicine in 1996 after completing his residency. Since that time he has accumulated abundant experience in emergency, occupational, immediate care, and family practice medicine for area health systems. Dr. Wellendorf’s most recent positions prior to joining OrthoIllinois were held consecutively as Medical Director and Plant Physician for industrial and occupational medicine at the Chrysler Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois and then as Medical Director, Immediate Care/Occupational and Employee Health Services/ Health Promotion and Wellness for Northwest Community Healthcare based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. As part of the team at OrthoIllinois’ walk in Injury Express and Fast Track Occupational Health provider in Algonquin, Dr. Wellendorf applies his extensive experience to the diagnosis and conservative treatment of patients with new work and sport injuries, as well as those with longer-term injuries and pain that lingers.
Orthopedic care provided by highly trained and skilled sub-specialists
When an injury requires more advanced care, the sub-specialty skill of our fellowship-trained surgeons ensures the worker is receiving the highest standard of care available. OrthoIllinois offers highly skilled orthopedic and other musculoskeletal experts.
Areas of expertise
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic Hip and Knee
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Podiatric, Foot & Ankle Surgery
All-encompassing employer services
What we offer you
- Customer service and Support from a committed Work Comp Communication
- Pre-employment screenings through our Employer Services Program
- Highly trained Occupational and Physical Therapists available from five convenient locations.
- Work Conditioning services
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Job-specific Function Screens through WorkRightSM
- Open, full-body MRI
- Digital X-ray
- Lab services
- Cast lab
- Durable Medical Equipment