John Daniels, MD
Utilizing the latest technology and surgical protocols for the highest level of patient satisfaction!
- Trained in Robotic-Arm Assisted knee and hip replacement technology to create 3D modeling of your unique anatomy for a totally personalized surgery plan!
- Outpatient total hip and knee replacement procedures – Recover in your own home safely and comfortably!
- VERASENSE® sensor-assisted total knee replacement for customized soft tissue balance and implant placement.
The foundation of Dr. Daniels’ practice is built on caring for the needs of each patient as an individual. That focus is reflected in turn by the high level of satisfaction his patients report on surveys conducted at the area hospitals, at his clinical practice and in earning the designation of “Best Doctor” on multiple occasions. Beginning with a commitment to treat each patient with compassion and respect, Dr. Daniels works to help them thoroughly understand their conditions, the treatment options available, and together formulate a treatment plan. That plan will usually emphasize conservative, nonsurgical care first, with surgery always being the last option.
Dr. Daniels recognizes and respects the value of a team approach. By utilizing the skills offered by many types of healthcare providers he is able to achieve excellent outcomes from his patient care. This includes utilizing his physician assistant, Chelsea Thomas, physical therapists, and physiatrists to craft the best course of care for each patient’s unique condition.
He specializes in hip and knee joint replacement and has completed advanced training to stay current with new minimally invasive procedures and the most advanced technology. He is the only area orthopedic surgeon trained and experienced with custom and robotic technology, including the MAKO Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology and is an area leader in the advanced Direct Anterior Approach hip procedure. With 20+ years experience, Dr. Daniels has performed close to 4,000 total joint procedures for area residents as well as accumulated extensive experience and training in sports medicine, trauma, and general orthopedics.
In addition to patient care, Dr. Daniels is involved in medical research and the development of new orthopedic products and procedures. He is active in leadership at the local hospitals, serving as director of the Centegra Hospital Total Joint Program. As a life-long area resident, he is committed to his community and has coached youth sports and served as Team Physician for Marian Central and other high schools throughout his career.
When he is not practicing medicine, Dr. Daniels is an avid adventurer and traveler. With a love of both the sea and mountains, he has enjoyed extensive travel with his family. He is an accomplished mountaineer, completing over 40 summit climbs, has adventure raced and even swam with sharks. Closer to home, he enjoys restoring old wooden boats, home brewing beer, golf, marathon running, tennis, and water sports.
As an osteoarthritis sufferer himself, Dr. Daniels understands and empathizes with his patients. He looks forward to the opportunity to assist you in a return to a more active and pain-free life.
- Complex Knee Ligament Reconstructions (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL)
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthritis
- Hip Bursitis
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee Ligament Injuries
- Meniscus Tear
- Osteonecrosis or Avasular Necrosis of the Hip
- Outpatient Hip Replacement
- Outpatient Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patellar Instability
- Patellar and Quad Tendon tear
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
|Drake University, Iowa Medical School, Southern Illinois University
|Michigan State University, McLaren Regional Medical Center
Dr. Daniels and Ortho Illinois accept multiple insurance providers. To see a list of insurances accepted click here. Contact your insurance carrier for you specific plan details.
- Board certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Director, Centegra Total Joint Program
- Professor, Rosalind Franklin Medical School
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Algonquin Road Surgery Center
- Ascension Saint Alexius
- Ascension Saint Joseph – Elgin
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry / Huntley / Woodstock Hospitals
- AMITA Health St. Alexius Medical Center
- Ortho Illinois Surgery Center