Scott W. Mox, MD
Dr. Mox entered private practice in 1988 after completing his orthopaedic residency at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago.
He has served as Chief of the Surgical Department at Advocate Sherman Hospital and has been a member of the Executive Committee.
Dr. Mox specializes in general orthopedics, sports medicine, fracture care, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder for rotator cuff injuries, joint replacement surgery of the knee, hip and shoulder, knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, and carpal tunnel syndrome. He was the first to perform Direct Anterior Approach hip replacement at Advocate Sherman Hospital, a fairly new procedure at the time, which is minimally invasive and offers excellent outcomes.
|BACHELOR’S DEGREE||University of Illinois|
|MEDICAL DEGREE||Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago|
|INTERNSHIP||Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center|
|RESIDENCY||Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center|
- Board certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, Elgin Medical Seminar
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Illinois State Medical Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Advocate Sherman Hospital
- Presence St. Joseph Hospital
long time patient- Dr. Mox is a great surgeon!!
Very informative and pleasant.
I have been seeing Dr. Mox for more than 10 years - he is always very professional yet personal and friendly - concerned and answers all my questions. He is a very skilled surgeon.